New Moon Blessings to you!
On October 19 the New Moon in Libra is exact at 12:12am PDT / 3:12 am EDT / 8:12 am GMT.
Libra is the Sign of Balance and Peace and is ruled by Venus, the Goddess of Love. So, in this New Moon time, we have space to anchor in our dreams with the energies of peace and love.
With so much happening in the world right now and feeling the presence of the #metoo and #ihave campaign, I offer this Ritual for you.
Please be tender with yourself as you do this and remember to breathe.
Also, do not forget the last step of this process.
What we are each seeking is Wholeness. Healing that extends us into our Truth and Remembrance of Self. In order for this to happen, we must be very honest with ourselves. This is not always easy because we have lied to ourselves and dismissed aspects of who we are because they are ugly or messy or scary.
As we are inundated with news of sexual exploitation and assault (Harvey Weinstein, child sex trafficking, rape stories), we naturally feel into our own lives and experiences. Maybe you have been harassed, assaulted, raped and you are sifting through the wounds that these have created in both your body and psyche.
Our bodies receive so much imprinting. They take on our traumas and sometimes that of others. They hold our wounds and our expectations. They believe what society tells us it means to be beautiful (full lips, wide hips, freckles…or maybe no freckles, wide-set eyes, and on and on). They carry a LOT of extra burdens that can be put down with the energy of this New Moon.
The time is now to fully own your body. To come into right relationship with it. To heal the streams of wounding and embrace it as a Holy Temple. It is a Sanctuary of skin, bones, cells, love, bliss… the fractals of humanity. It is glorious. Amazing. And beautiful.
Sister, please set aside at least 30 minutes for this Ritual. Let yourself have time to free write in your journal. No one else will read this. This is the time for your greatest vulnerability as this will allow you to go deeper and reveal more Truth.
~ New Moon in Libra Ritual ~
1. What relationship do you currently have with your body?
2. What are flaws that you notice?
3. How do you speak to yourself? What are the words and beliefs that run through your mind every day? (Take your time with this question. When you get to a point where you feel you have fully answered this question, ask yourself one more time and see if anything else arises).
And BREATHE. Where do you think these thoughts come from? Are they part of your ancestral lineage? Were you told them by a partner or lover or parent?
4. How can you bring more love, harmony and balance to your relationship with your body? This is the time for you to really seed possibilities for this next Moon cycle. What are some daily or weekly practices? Dancing in front of a mirror, massaging your legs as you whisper sweet mantras, eating better, etc.
5. And… how can you be a stand for another woman? What commitment would you like to make this month to support a friend or the greater Sisterhood? Is there volunteer outreach you want to do, do you want to write an article inspiring other women, do you want to give a compliment to every woman you encounter? Push an edge here so you are living peace and harmony and spreading Venus all around.
One of the things I am committing to this month is to use my voice to protect women’s bodies. About a month ago, I was at a festival and I watched a blatant and yet subtle way in which a man objectified a woman. It was a scene that happens every day. And yet, for women, this imprints into our trust and safety. I wanted to confront the man. I was with my son and I didn’t want to make a scene. I was silent. And I think about this every day. So, this month, I VOW to make a scene. To be a Woman who sees subtle infractions of domination and sexual subservience against Women’s Bodies and speaks loudly NO.
What about you? I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share your thoughts and reflections on this practice in the comments below.